Wednesday, August 20, 2008
YORK RACES TO BE TRANSFERRED
* All Group 1 races saved, as well as the Ebor and DBS St Leger Yearling Sales Race
* Efforts being made to save two Group 2s
Following the abandonment of the remainder of York's Ebor Meeting, the British Horseracing Authority has approved the transfer of the following races:
* The Darley Yorkshire Oaks, Coolmore Nunthorpe and DBS St Leger Yearling Sales Stakes will be run at Newmarket on Friday 22nd August.
* The Totesport Ebor Handicap, renamed for one year only as the Totesport Newburgh Handicap, will be run at Newbury on Friday 22nd August.
* The Juddmonte International Stakes will be run at Newmarket on Saturday 23rd August.
Efforts are also being made to save the Ladbrokes Great Voltigeur and Irish Thoroughbred Marketing Gimcrack Stakes.
The existing racecards at the above meetings will be subject to changes in running order. Full racetimes and further details will follow later.
For old articles (from 1st March 2000) go to the Newslink