1) (7) 14-1 Rio Riva Julie Camacho 4 10-00 Philip Robinson
Very consistent performer, having only finished out of the frame once so far in his career. A lot to like about his comeback win at Redcar last time and should be thereabouts, although handicapper has taken no chances.
2) (2) -004 El Coto Kevin Ryan 6-9-10 Neil Callan
Useful on his day and definite signs of a return to form last time out in the Zetland Gold Cup. Has his favoured sound surface and one to consider.
3) (5) -625 Hartshead Alan Swinbank 7-9-10 Dean McKeown
Relatively lightly-raced for his age but decent when on song. Should be suited by today's conditions but probably a bit high in the handicap at present.
4) (8) 182- Premier Dane Nicky Richards 4-9-08 Robert Winston
Fair performer on the Flat in Ireland last year and developed into very useful novice hurdler over the winter. Likes this ground and is another to consider, particulalry as one of his trainer's few Flat runners.
5) (4) -097 Krugerrand Willie Musson 7-9-04 Tom Queally
Twice a winner of this race and some signs of a revival at Epsom last time. Getting on years but should not be discounted..
6) (1) 7128 Goodbye Mr Bond Eric Alston 6-9-04 Kevin Darley
Fine effort when staying on stoutly in Zetland Gold Cup last time. Likes good ground and enters the equation, although best form is at a mile.
7) (10) 44-0 Very Wise William Haggas 4-9-03 Tony Culhane
Has one maiden win to his name back in 2004, and hard to enthuse about.
8) (6) 2259 Granston James Bethell 5 9-03 Richard Quinn
Usually runs his race but an infrequent winner and best at a mile.
9) (3) 5960 Go Tech Tim Easterby 6-9-02 David Allan
Suited by both this trip and the ground. Has some improvement to find.
10) (11) 22-2 Master Of The Race Sir Michael Stoute 4-9-00 Kieren Fallon Second on all previous five outings and shapes as if this trip should be ideal. Sure to be very popular and others offer better value.
11) (9) -115 Dancing Lyra Richard Fahey 5-9-00 Paul Hanagan
Decent handicapper at best, but ideally suited by slightly shorter distance and softer ground.
12) (12) 0333 Speed Dial Harry Karl Burke 4 8-10v Andrew Elliott (5)
Stable in good form but needs to find significant improvement to figure.
In an open affair, the hurdler PREMIER DANE offers decent each-way value.