Wednesday, June 6, 2001
LATEST LADBROKES ANTE-POST PRICES
Vodafone Derby - Epsom 9th June 2001
9/4-Galileo, 9/4-Golan, 9/2-Dilshaan, 7-Perfect Sunday, 12-Putra Sandhurst, 14-Storming Home, 16-Chancellor, 16-Tobougg, 25-Mr Combustible, 33-Wareed, 66-Ice Dancer, 100-Sunny Glenn, 150-King Carew, 200-Cashel Bay
Each way ¼ the odds a place 1, 2, 3
Vodafone Oaks - Epsom June 8th 2001
3-Imagine, 3-Flight Of Fancy, 7-Tarfshi, 9-Relish The Thought, 10-Mot Juste, 12-Zanzibar, 14-Gay Heroine, 14-Silver Grey Lady, 16-Najah, 20-Candice, 20-Foodbroker Fancy, 20-Santa Isobel, 50-Mameha, 66-Sunstone.
Each way ¼ odds Places 1, 2, 3
The Wokingham Stakes Royal Ascot June 22nd 2001
10-Capricho, 12-Ellens Academy, 16-Candleriggs, 16-Deep Space, 16-Misraah, 16-Nice One Clare, 16-Seven No Trumps, 20-Border Subject, 20-Harmonic Way, 20-Hunting Lion, 20-Mitcham, 20-Sartorial, 20-Bon Ami, 20-Night Flight, 25-Cotton House, 25-Cubism, 25-Duke Of Modena, 25-Final Exam, 25-Guinea Hunter, 25-Halmahera, 25-Jarn, 25-Juwwi, 25-Smart Predator, 25-Blackheath, 25-Boanerges, 25-Cadeaux Cher, 25-Doctor Spin.
Each way ¼ the odds a place 1, 2, 3, 4
14 DECLARED FOR VODAFONE OAKS
THE 2001 VODAFONE OAKS
Group One, Class A, Showcase Race, Epsom Downs, Friday, June 8, 2001, one mile four furlongs about ten yards, total prize fund £365,000, for three-year-old fillies only. Weights: 9st. Entries closed Wednesday, March 7, 2001 (101 entries), forfeit stage Thursday, May 24, 2001 (23 remained), £20,000 supplementary entry stage Friday, June 1, 2001 (2 supplemented), five-day confirmation stage Saturday, June 2, 2001 (15 remained), 48-hour declaration stage 10am Wednesday, June 6, 2001. (Form figures from Weatherbys correct up to Monday, June 4, 2001 and may not include some overseas form).
Form Horse Owner Trainer/Jockey
1) (2) 3313-3 CANDICE (IRE) Maktoum Al Maktoum Ed Dunlop/Richard Quinn
2) (13) 21-4 FLIGHT OF FANCY The Queen Sir Michael Stoute/Kieren Fallon
3) (7) 24172-261 FOODBROKER FANCY Food Brokers Ltd David Elsworth/Dane O'Neill
4) (12) 2-2 GAY HEROINE Cheveley Park Stud Sir Michael Stoute/Johnny Murtagh
5) (10) 361412-231 IMAGINE (IRE) Sue Magnier Aidan O'Brien IRE/Mick Kinane
6) (5) 035-05 MAMEHA Brian Voak Clive Brittain/Basil Marcus
7) (1) 1-1 MOT JUSTE Mohammed Al Nabouda Ed Dunlop/Richard Hughes
8) (8) 2 NAJAH (IRE) Godolphin Saeed bin Suroor/Frankie Dettori
9) (6) 1-2 RELISH THE THOUGHT (IRE) Maktoum Al Maktoum Barry Hills/Michael Hills
10) (4) 33-21 SANTA ISOBEL Exors of late Robert Hitchins Ian Balding/Kevin Darley
11) (14) 38-12 SILVER GREY LADY (IRE) Philippa Cooper John Dunlop/Pat Eddery
12) (9) 0-273 SUNSTONE Mrs M J Vincent Mick Channon/Steve Drowne
13) (11) 131-02 TARFSHI Sheikh Ahmed Al Maktoum Michael Jarvis/Philip Robinson
14) (3) 523-11 ZANZIBARGilly Rowland Clark/Usk Valley Stud Michael Bell/Michael Fenton
SIX IN CORONATION CUP
THE VODAFONE CORONATION CUP
Class A, Group 1, Friday, June 8, 2001, total prize fund £250,000, one mile four furlongs, for four-year-olds and upwards. Weights: colts and geldings 9st; fillies 8st 11lb. Entries closed Wednesday, April 11 (31 entries), entries released, Thursday, April 12, forfeit stage May 22 (21 remained), five-day confirmation stage Saturday, June 2 (9 remained), declarations to run must be made by 10am on Wednesday, June 6 and declaration of riders must be made by 1pm on Thursday, June 7. (Form correct up to May 22, 2001).
Form Horse Age Owner Trainer/Jockey
1) (3) 362000- CHIMES AT MIDNIGHT (USA) 4 Luke Comer Luke Comer IRE/
2) (6) 4111-(4)(7)3 EKRAAR (USA) 4 Godolphin Saeed bin Suroor/Richard Hills
3) (5) 5/11011-1 MILLENARY 4 Neil Jones John Dunlop/Pat Eddery
4) (1) 01031-8 MUTAFAWEQ (USA) 5 Godolphin Saeed bin Suroor/Frankie Dettori
5) (2) 3/11511- WELLBEING 4 Plantation Stud Henry Cecil /Richard Quinn
6) (4) 341115- PETRUSHKA (IRE) 4 Highclere Thoroughbred Racing Sir Michael Stoute/KierenFallon
COOLMORE RUMOURED TO OFFER £3 MILLION FOR HALF-SHARE IN GOLAN
The Coolmore Stud in Ireland is rumoured to have offered £3 million for a half-share in Vodafone Derby favourite Golan.
Speaking in today's Daily Mail, Golan's owner Lord Weinstock said: "Nothing definitive has happened yet but there have been approaches.
"It may or may not happen but if it does, the deal will be done before the Derby.
"If nothing has happened before the race then I'd not be inclined to sell."
For old articles (from 1st March 2000) go to the Newslink